Odyssey-W Sounder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, looking for some advice on this sounder if any one is able to help.

I've connected it to the system although once I logged off the engineer is immediately activated. It seemed to have connected correctly as per the LED's and it's showing in the Ricochet Monitor. Initially when it activated it sounded for a good few minutes then eventually went into a continuous loop where it sounded for around 3 secs, then off for 3 and back to sounding again. I've only managed to stop if by pulling the batteries out. When it was sounding the Ricochet Monitor was showing red next to Bell and Extended Tones. Wintex is showing the Ricochet Device mode as Hybrid and the Type as Not Used, that was the standard settings it added it as but not sure if they're correct?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I would delete it off and relearn it, bell box shouldnt be in hybrid mode, bell should learn on in default mode for that device.

Turns out the problem was caused by the panel software being older than that required by the sounder. Once the panel had been flashed with the most recent software and the sounder re-learned all is working as expected.

Sponsored Links
back to the old panel........... always a good idea to post version numbers in the thread created makes things easier.

that must be a very old panel then as the wireless bells were introduced a long time ago in version 2 firmware of the panel / wireless expander. expanders are version 3.x now and panels 6.x so 8 years plus

I dont tend to read the usernames just answer the question if I had should have twigged

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back