odyssey x-w Texecom premier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon

We have two wireless bells on the house, one at the front and one at the back. They have been up almost a year now and have the comfort lights flashing.

Today the rear bell has been going off randomly and then will stop. I did a bell test from the panel which set it off however when I cancelled it it continued sounding where as the other siren stopped.

I’m not sure why, I was thinking maybe the battery is going? Question is before I borrow some ladders is that I thought the control panel told you when the battery was low? Or am I wrong thinking that.

If there is anything else anyone can think of that maybe the cause of it going off? I know the comfort leds drain the battery but was told they should last a couple of years really.

On a side note does anyone know if I can check the strength of the signal to the box from the control panel.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Nothing to do with battery, sounds like it’s a loss of signal whereas the siren is too far from panel, when the bell cannot see panel it thinks it’s under attack and will self activate, same on hardwired bells if someone cuts the cable the siren will trigger.

Swap the front and rear bells & see if problem follows siren, if it does then I would suggest it maybe faulty. If same problem moves to the other siren then it proves it’s the signal.

Signal is best viewed on Ricochet monitor software, not entirely sure on the keypad.

Hmm, the whole point of Ricochet is that it the devices can bounce off others.

in cases where hops occur, there can be a short delay compared to with a device that's not hopping.

The fact that its sounding and LED's are flashing, means its unlikely to be a battery issue on its own but may be related. ie when batteries get low sometimes the coms are not so strong.

think the advice is 2 years with comfort leds and 4 years without, however this does vary due to other factors.

ricochet monitor is the best way to view how the mesh is looking, on the keypad in engineering, you can go to ricochet diagnostics, go to the zone assigned for the the two different bells and press chime.

You should see what device its bouncing through and the strength between the bell/ panel or bell/ device/ panel depending if it is hopping or not.

What your saying though is you were able to send a bell test to start but not to finish the rear bell.

The bells should activate for 3 minutes at default settings and 15 minutes if selected, obviously 15 minutes would have greater drain on the battery.

If the rear bell has been going off randomly without being activated, I suspect that theres an issue with that bell. ie a bell tamper may activate the bell.

This could be the reason why its going off apparently "randomly", in that the tamper is being activated.

The problem is, to assess from ricochet monitor or the keypad that's the case, you would need the device to be sounding at the time you look at either ricochet monitor or look via the keypad, to see if the device is in tamper. You can look at the LED's but not sure how easy that would be for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back