ODYSSEY X-W: WIRELESS SOUNDER battery problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Texecom Premier Elite 64-W, with an ODYSSEY X-W: WIRELESS SOUNDER bell. Around June of this year, I eventually replaced the 8 AA Lithium batteries, with 8 Energizer AA Batteries, Ultimate Lithium, because a Battery Fault message had been present for a while, I forget how long, on the keypad. At the time the bell LEDS were lit and the bell sounded when activated. This Battery Fault for the bell Zone has reappeared over the last few days, only 5 months after the battery replacement and this doesn't strike me as a normal battery lifespan, although I may be wrong. How long should these batteries last and have you any idea what the problem might be here please? Thank you. Update: I've spoken with Texecom who believe that it's a fault with the ounder, based on the 100% signal strength, they will issue a return code.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Its a little like asking how long is a piece of string.

We replace at 2 years for domestics, while it may last longer, at 2 years you usually don't get caught out.

Historically there were issues with early wireless bells where batteries weren't last very long, but be surprised if those units would still be under warranty.

Making sure the batteries are in correctly IE secure and correct orientation. I believe the bell will power up with one or two batteries inserted incorrectly but won't last very long.

If you have other devices bouncing through the sounder you could expect the battery to run down more quickly.

How old is the bell?

Its a little like asking how long is a piece of string.

We replace at 2 years for domestics, while it may last longer, at 2 years you usually don't get caught out.

Historically there were issues with early wireless bells where batteries weren't last very long, but be surprised if those units would still be under warranty.

Making sure the batteries are in correctly IE secure and correct orientation. I believe the bell will power up with one or two batteries inserted incorrectly but won't last very long.

If you have other devices bouncing through the sounder you could expect the battery to run down more quickly.

How old is the bell?
Thanks SecureIAM, the bell's a 2019 model.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back