Off-peak water heater not heating!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a problem, not sure what to do about it / who to call!

I've just bought a new flat, and with absolutely NO information left by the previous tenants / landlord, have managed to figure out with a bit of googling how to work the hot water system. So it appears to be on one of these Economy 7 systems so it should automatically heat the water during the night off peak, and the control panel also gives the options to boost in the daytime (either manual or timed).

When I use the boost functions during peak hours (I tried both manual and timed), the water heats up fine. But, overnight, I see that the off-peak light is lit up as though it's heating, however it doesn't heat as the water is still cold in the morning.

Heating with "boost" during the day is obviously much more expensive. I tried doing a "timed boost" during overnight hours but the "off-peak" cycle overrides the boost and I still end up with no hot water.

Not really sure what the issue can be as the water CAN be heated in some way, but somehow not the offpeak part. Don't know anything about the system or water heaters in general so I have no idea of the inner workings of these things. Can anyone help??

THANKS.
Shaz

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back