off the air

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i know this must seem a little trivial but im having a few probs with my sky satellite system, does anyone know a reason why it should suddenly come up with "no satellite signal being recieved ", i then power it down for 30 secs and away we go ok for a while, its not really ground breaking just annoying its a grundig reciever by the way any help would be appreciated thaaaaank you

Sponsored Links
When your system is working have a look at the signal strenth/quality.
Its in the services menu. The quality should be about 2/3 of the way up the scale with the strenth a bit higher.
If this is the case your LNB ( on the dish ) may be faulty, or the cable. You cant realy do anthing with the dish aim as you need a meter to check the "bit error rate" ( quality ) of the signal. If in doubt get a man in...

Gees

thats spot on ill, give it a try next time it gives me grief thanx very muchly for you time and help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back