Office conversion (warning dial up users!)

racket said:
Crafty, I installed the air conditioning myself. It wasn't one of the quick connect systems, but was supplied with copper pipes pre cut, lagged and terminated that are attached in a way similar to plumbing compression joints. No idea how it worked but the installation instructions didn't call for a vacuum compressor, the system somehow evacuates air in the pipes itself.
:eek:

Yeah right, there seems to be a strong smell of bull here :evil:

The principle behind it seems a bit suspect to me as well, the instructions (being a cheap chinese-built unit) called it the 'discharge air procedure', it basically involved opening and closing a valve a couple of times and then discharging air from the pipelines by pressing the pin on a Schrader valve. Who am I to question - it works fine!

jeeves said:
Have you looked at Trixbox (used to be Asterisk@Home), it's basically CD you can download that installs the operating system, Asterisk, and lots of other web-interface type things that make it easy to setup incoming/outgoing lines, extensions and just about anything you could want. It's very good.

I'm running Trixbox as we speak, although its effectively asterisk with all the bells and whistles pre-installed. The problem wasn't with the installation process, more getting PSTN lines to work properly. I have a pair of Atcom AX100Ps installed, managed to get an outgoing route working with relative ease via the ZAP/1 trunk I had set up.

I spent hours pulling my hair out over incoming calls, Asterisk would pick up the line but simply play a pre-recorded message saying the line was not in service. Eventually it transpired that when setting an incoming route you don't include the ZAP/ portion when specifying a trunk to use. It would be nice to see some consistancy!

Sponsored Links
The principle behind it seems a bit suspect to me as well, the instructions (being a cheap chinese-built unit) called it the 'discharge air procedure', it basically involved opening and closing a valve a couple of times and then discharging air from the pipelines by pressing the pin on a Schrader valve. Who am I to question - it works fine!
OOI, is the A/C still working fine?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back