Offset basin trap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Is there any way I could offset the basin trap without touching the basin, to stop said trap from fowling the top drawer? Its only by a baw hair too! The sink is so bloody impracticable/unsymmetrical, and I've struggled with placements etc. The u shape profile on top drawer only just fowls as I said. Drawers are push to open/close.

Was wondering if rather than the trap connecting directly with the sink if I could place some intermediate coupler to angle off towards the wall first?

Hoping someone has a good suggestion. I've tried two trap types. No joy.

Attachments

• IMG_20200924_190118.jpg
    IMG_20200924_190118.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20200924_190129.jpg
    IMG_20200924_190129.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20200924_171838.jpg
    IMG_20200924_171838.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 136
Sponsored Links
Fit a small bottle trap ,not extended,but directly to the waste fitting at the basin.

Yes. That will sit much higher. Is the clearance you need just in height ,or is the trap not central ,left to right ,in the U shaped cut out ?

Sponsored Links
Ye just height that's the issue. So, good left to right. Great stuff. I'll try collect one tomorrow.

Appreciate you taking the time to advise.

Ye, it's too big.

I've just measured front the top side of the u profile up to the sink thread. There is only 12 cm. Not sure that link I sent is even going to fit either

Actually, you know what, I've got a decent 3d printer. I'll go with your idea of that shallow bottle trap. I'll very quickly knock up a new lower U shape profile on Autocad then fit that! Job done. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back