Bathroom Basin/Sink Waste - Horizontal Extension?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building a timber washstand, which is going to have a surface mounted basin on top, in the center. The waste on the sink will also be in the very middle. A little below the counter-top, there's going to be a drawer.

My problem is, the waste/trap beneath, is going to stick down, and obstruct the drawer. I'm looking for something that could act as a horizontal extension, to move the waste trap to the back of the washstand and out of the way of the drawer.

I've seen the part I need available in IKEA (but only included with a £300 washstand), but not in Screwfix, etc. Is there a product available that I can buy that does a similar job? See photo below for what I'm after:

9v0olRp.jpg

2AfMg8z.jpg

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Or a Hep V O waste valve with 90 degree adapter. (probably dearer tho')

Use a McAlpine multifit/90degbend with BSP fitting,
shopping

then a length of pipe back to the trap. Support the waste pipe well as the trap won't be directly connected to the basin waste. Don't use pushfit or those silly ikea setups, they are a recipe for disaster later on with very little possibility to get spares.

Sponsored Links
Ahh, the first and second look like they could work! I'm not sure which is better. Price seems to be about the same though.

The second would use too much space I think.

The IKEA one is best designed for what I need, because it uses the least amount of height. Between the top of the washstand and top of the drawer below, there isn't normally a lot of space to work with.

Basin wastes aren't designed to work properly in that kind of space. In my experience bespoke wastes like that are a nightmare waiting to happen unless kept spotlessly clean. I also see it is more for a 90mm basin waste rather than a 32mm??

You could try this one as it's a waterless trap with a 11/4" waste connection but again it's bespoke so not sure how it would perform long term but it gives you the low profile you seem to be looking for.
images

http://www.bakerandsoars.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=3651

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back