basin waste trap advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm struggling with finding a suitable product to do what I want, and hoping someone on here can help...

I have a hand basin fitted to a (solid) external wall, close (250mm horizontal) to the side of a bath. The waste from the basin needs to run sideways to meet up with other wastes under the bath. All pipework will be exposed, and space is tight, so I'm looking for a neat minimalist solution. Ideally I'd fit a chrome trap and waste pipe.

I was looking for a trap where the horizontal outlet will be below the height of the bath, so that I can run a single horizontal pipe from the trap with no visible connections apart from at the basin and at the trap itself. The centre of the outlet needs to be minimum 185mm from the bottom of the basin. I've attached a sketch of dimensions of what I'd like and a photo of the current (horrible but functioning) bodge.

Anyone know of trap with a long enough downpipe to allow this? Or any other suggestions very welcome.

Cheers

Danny
[/img]

Sponsored Links
If it's on an outside wall, why not take it through to outside, and join up there?

You don't want a horizontal waste pipe!

Just saying!

I don't think you'll find what you describe, you need to fit an extension to the basin waste first.

Ten minutes with a kango and you could hide all the pipes in the wall.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replies.

Re. going outside, would be good but the wall forms the property boundary onto a public footpath, so can't unfortunately.

Re. horizontal waste pipe, it's only 300mm to where it drops down close to floor level joining up wih the rest of the waste run which has a good fall - should be ok!

Re. basin waste extension - sounds like the way to go, but still can't find anything that looks like it would work. Probably asking google the wrong questions, any pointers or links to products would be brilliant.

Cheers

D

How about a pedestal trap?

19512_P
32mm-waste-pedestal-trap-773-p.jpg

http://www.google.co.uk/search?clie...rceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest

Hi

I'm struggling with finding a suitable product to do what I want, and hoping someone on here can help...

I have a hand basin fitted to a (solid) external wall, close (250mm horizontal) to the side of a bath. The waste from the basin needs to run sideways to meet up with other wastes under the bath. All pipework will be exposed, and space is tight, so I'm looking for a neat minimalist solution. Ideally I'd fit a chrome trap and waste pipe.

I was looking for a trap where the horizontal outlet will be below the height of the bath, so that I can run a single horizontal pipe from the trap with no visible connections apart from at the basin and at the trap itself. The centre of the outlet needs to be minimum 185mm from the bottom of the basin. I've attached a sketch of dimensions of what I'd like and a photo of the current (horrible but functioning) bodge.

Anyone know of trap with a long enough downpipe to allow this? Or any other suggestions very welcome.

Cheers

Danny
[/img]

THAT is really a rough a s s job indeed.
Dont go recommending that particular plumber to anyone .
You need ALL pipes concealing - which is easy .

[/img][/quote]

THAT is really a rough a s s job indeed.
Dont go recommending that particular plumber to anyone .
You need ALL pipes concealing - which is easy .[/quote]

Well yes, best described as a horrible bodge, which I did. And I wouldn't reccomend the plumber - I wanted the basin to work one night with bit's I had in a box, and it does :) This post was all about finishing it properly - knew what I wanted but was struggling to find it, couple of pointers further up helped.

Don't think you do allways need things concealing if they're done right - whilst it would be easy enough to box in, I think boxing in often looks crap even if done well - I'd rather look at good pipework! Also, it's a very small space, so the more open things are the better. Could go back into the wall with a kango, but it's not the easiect situation to do it in without creating a lot of extra work (wall construction & levels), so hoping the solution I posted above will work and look good. We'll see...

Don't think you do allways need things concealing if they're done right - whilst it would be easy enough to box in, I think boxing in often looks crap even if done well - I'd rather look at good pipework!

I have to agree with you - I don't mind seeing pipework as long as it's well fitted and in a sensible location. Do take on board Charnwood's suggestion of a couple more clips though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back