Required Wall Depth - Counter Top Basins...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
as well as a new kitchen, bedroom, living room, pretty much the whole damn house! we are looking to renovate our ensuite. we want to put in one of the wash stands with a counter top basin. I foresee two problems however:

1) the depth of the wall. The showrooms/magazines all show the small chrome traps and pipes disappearing into the wall for that nice finish - but how achievable is this, i mean, how much actual depth do you require within the wall to achieve this look and does it require a lot of plumbing work to move pipes around?

2) current set up has the hot/cold feed coming from pipes behind the wall - standard set up i believe (?) - with the waste going straight down to a small ledge, not the floor, under which the pipes feed out of the room i.e. all waste pipes are boxed in within the space of the room rather than behind walls and/or under floor boards. I assume these waste pipes/ledges would have to be moved to accommodate the wash stand or cut the washstand to fit around the ledge?

any comments, advice appreciated
Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back