offset shower waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

Have just measured up for a shower tray, and the hole for the waste is near enough directly over the joist!

As space is tight, ideally I don't want to have to shift the shower tray across so the waste clears the joist.

Is there a really low profile shower waste available that would fit into a 5cm deep notch in the joist??

Or an offset waste that is shallow directly under the hole in the shower tray, but then goes deeper to one side of the trap?

Hope this makes sense!

thanks,
Alex

Sponsored Links
and what size joists have you to be notching 50mm from a joist ?
gros10-1.gif

the joists are 7x2" so I know it is bigger that advised but the notch is already there in the correct place as there are currently central heating pipes running there which I'm having moved.

your not really going to get it.
a shower needs a trap with at least a water seal of 50mm for starters.
it don't pay to have a trap over a joist in case it needs access. unless you want to remove the tray to get access.

your not really left with much choice
get a tray with the waste hole in the right place
raise the tray

as for the joist just cause someones bodged it before don't mean you should copy them

Sponsored Links
ok thanks. looks like i'll have to move it sideways to clear the joist.

if you move it won't it be away from the wall then ?
is the waste going to run parallel with the joist ?

Yes, the waste will run parallel with the joists.
I can box out the pipework a bit more on the side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back