Offset Water Feature?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m attempting a water feature using this concrete monolith, however having excavated the plot discovered a solid concrete plinth directly where I need the monolith to sit (marked by my yellow pick axe). I’ve considered breaking it or cutting it with an angle grinder, but it’s solid and at least 7 inches thick and would require more effort than I’m prepared to make for this project. Directly to the left however I’m able to dig down to create the reservoir.

Some options I’m considering:

1 a 50L Really Useful Box with lid ( 70 x 40 x 23cm deep) as a reservoir and 70x70cm shower tray on the concrete slab on which to place the monolith. 70cm square is about the maximum size I can accommodate.

2 A stainless steel kitchen sink with the draining board on the slab and the sink resting in the dug out. (not sure if the basin would have enough capacity for the water). A slab placed over the sink for protection.

3 just use pond liner over the site and dig and cut the correct drainage gradient for it to work.

One issue is that the hole for the hose is under the monolith, so I need to raise it on some kind of feet whilst remaining super stable (weighs a ton!)

Any advice?

concrete-egg-1.jpg

concrete-egg-2.jpg

concrete-egg-6.jpg

IMG-4794.jpg

IMG-4795.jpg

IMG-4789.jpg

IMG-4788.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back