Oh great

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Called to a fault on a socket circuit.

First job was going to be to whip the ends out the board and IR test the circuit.

cd54d5f0faa91a945ea7095f3c4c54ef.jpg

:mad:

Sponsored Links
If you have a fault on a socket circuit ( i.e. the circuit which a has tripped) would you not assume you have a fault on the circuit with the rcbo in the off position and then remove the associated LN tails into the RCBO ( they are together) the functional earth's would appear to be connected to the circuit CPC. As expected, and we are looking at a domestic install ?

I apparently I NFA……….. my confidence is building by the day.

KA

PS

Don't open a DB until you're ready.

You need to remove the outgoing wires from the top of the RCBO to IR test the circuit, as the RCBO will give misleading results, and the 500V from the tester can damage the RCBO.

Unfortunately when some muppet has rammed every other circuit and every RCBO neutral lead in front of the outgoing wires for the circuit concerned, it is a nightmare to get to them, remove them, (remembering the lives will be 40mm into the RCBO and right at the back of the board), get your tester on the end of them, and then reterminate once the fault is located and repaired.

Yes a domestic install.

See, ask nice questions and you might actually learn something ;)

Sponsored Links
Iam aware that you are competent and give robust solid advice. You do yourself a major discredit when to make assumptions as to my ability and jump on a band wagon.

KA

Is there a band wagon? not aware of that! I can only go by what I see in front of me. Your post are often gibberish nonsense, although I must admit I did see a post of yours that did give some solid advice, without the addition of the gibberish! Okay have a little fun, i'll laugh along, but I don't understand the majority of your posts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back