oil boiler cycling - normal?

That leads me to wonder if you are wasting the planets resources ( and your bank balance ) by heating unoccupied rooms? Whilst you can probably afford it, its still wasting the world's resources which is totally unreasonable in my green book.

We're ALL wasting the planet's resources, it's called "the internet". Most power hungry monster on earth.

Sponsored Links
Agile,

Green rant and judgement aside, its far from 14 rooms - some rooms have three rads in them, and its a 'trendy' 80s conversion that more open plan that tree huggers might allow now. Surely if the insulation between rooms (as opposed to between inside and outside) is just a flimsy door, never designed to be insulated, the heat will simply wander and end up being euqal?

Besides which, the resources are mine now, i paid for them. we live in a western democracy. rant over, and thanks everyone else for your useful advise.

Agile,

Besides which, the resources are mine now, i paid for them. we live in a western democracy. rant over, and thanks everyone else for your useful advise.

My advice is the most useful you have received so far!

Note also how to spell "advice" !

If you need further advice in person I hope to be at the Castle Balti on the 28th ! I will be taking my own wine as usual !

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back