Oil Boiler help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Worscester Bosch Danesmoor 26/32 oil fired boiler.

The lockout comes on when the boiler tries to fire up.

Previously everything was ok, oil level was quite low so I thought that this may be the problem. Have tank filled today and I have checked that oil is getting to the boiler and there is no air in the oil line from the tank.

Reset the boiler as per the user manual, boiler tries to fire but lockout light still comes on.

Is there anything that I can check without a major strip down.

Any help greatly appreciated

Racey

Sponsored Links
Try continuity of coil on the oil pump. It could be a faulty control box, it could be a failed transformer.

What's your background? Then I can say more, or maybe that it's better to get someone in.

Hi Oilman

Thanks for the quick reply. My background is Electronics.

The boiler is only just 2 years old and just out of warranty as of March this year

To be honest I dont fancy stripping it down hence the obvious checks question. Dont suppose you have a service manual?

Thanks again for the help.

Best regards
Racey

Sponsored Links
If you're electronics, and you have a meter and a test lead with points at both ends, you can do some tests.

Press lockout button. Motor will start and run for around 20 secs when you should hear a click. That's the solenoid operating.

Alternatively, disconnect burner lead. Remove control box. Remove the burner. You should be able to work out which terminal in the control box is which from the connection diagram on the control box. Short the ignition transformer terminal to the live and see if you get a spark in the business end of the burner. Try the same for the solenoid valve terminal where you should hear a click. If these work it could be the photocell or the nozzle.

If you have problems with the above being unclear, you need to get a man in.

The installers should have left a service manual, if not. ring bosch and ask for one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back