oil boiler how to bleed air after lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Camray 3 oil boiler which ran out of oil i now have oil and need to bleed the air out is this somethine i can do myself
regards
barry

Sponsored Links
do a search, its been done to death. And it usualy ends up as a slagging match. funny as fekk!! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Gang. Thank you for all your advice. this however worked for me....i hopoe I havent spoken too soon.

I disconnected the main oil pipe that has clearly come in from outside to the boiler block. On mine there was a plastic pipe between the pipe coming in and the second pipe going to the block. (The block is the metal part with the Allen key on the side (Just next to the blue wire on the picture)). [
I got a plastic tube and sucked the oil up through the pipe to make sure the oil was coming in properly from the tank. It was.

I then reconnected the pipes. (So now I know the oil is very close to the boiler).

I then undid the allen key on the side and put the same plastic tube into the hole with some loo roll to try to keep the air out.
I then sucked again and it came into the tube but it seemed to have a lot of air in ti. I guess this was because the pipe was a bit smaller than i needed. While I had some oil in the tube and was sucking I started the boiler (Big red button).

I think it just started and I did the allen key up again. I think I might have had to do this twice before it stayed working because it stopped after about 2 mins.

The second time it worked.

Good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back