Oil boiler intermittent 'drop-out'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

My Worcester Danesmoor FS12/18 oil boiler has recently started to 'drop-out' when running. It has never gone into reset but when the boiler has warmed up (does not do this when cold) and the pump/burner is running, the pump sounds like it drops out for a fraction of a second then runs normally. It sound as if it's not getting oil and stuttering.

It is getting progressively worse so that it does this 'drop-out' every 5-10 seconds when running. It has been regularly serviced. Any suggestions? Is this likely to be an expensive one?

Thanks,

Seth.

Sponsored Links
Hi. With the regular service, were all filters cleaned/changed? Also, is your oil tank in a higher position than the burner ? Did you see the engineer service your boiler, and if so, what did he say he did?

exactly, was the filter checked?

Some of the ones Ive seen , have been so full of shyte , they could have been a Cabinet Minister.

lol :LOL:

First questions I ask on a call out. When was it last serviced..... did you see him go anywhere near your oil tank ? :)

Sponsored Links
did you see him go anywhere near your oil tank ?

Must have had a long hose on vacuum cleaner then. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Half the ones we get called to have the nozzle changed and a quick hoover around casing. Loads of tank have vanished under hedges ect.

Not that OFTEC cares :evil:

:LOL:

apparently there is a medical condition for not doing oil filters.

lazy fekkin tosseritus.

Well said wilhelm :)

And as for oil tank compliance....... I've probably seen 10 percent that don't have combustible trellis / hedges / fencing / trees within the fire zone. Tell the customer, and it's, " well, the tanks ugly, isn't it? Gotta keep it outta sight." :confused:

Hi, Thanks for your help. The boiler was last seviced in January 2008 and the Filters were supposedly changed. That said, I was not there when the service was carried out and the guy has since retired! I'll check the tank filter and see if I can find the pump filter.

Seth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back