oil boiler not working after running out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I run out of oil recently and just got 100 litres put in and had the boiler bled, I have since then pressed the red button to fire boiler up, it's working for a few seconds then cutting out does anyone know what I should do next. The make is Worcester Bosch 50\70

Sponsored Links
If you let oil run out then you will get air locks and worse sludge disturbed.

Then to make matters worse you only get 100 litres!

Why?

I expect that you will need a professional to clean the filters and get rid of the air locks.

Then you will need to do all that again when the 100 liters is used up[ in a weeks time!

Sorry to hear that your hearig is failing too!

If you can identify a flexible oil pipe that goes into the burner unit of your boiler, undo the hexagon nut at the pump and allow any trapped air to escape - but do prevent oil spillage as it will stink for ages afterwards!
As soon as you can, check any of the filters in the oil pipe line for grot or water.
John :)

Thanks John I phoned oil people and they r comin back out again tomorrow cause they said 100 litres probably wouldn't be enough to start it again! Pity they hadn't told me that earlier lol

Sponsored Links
Of course its enough, Aleena - but the more oil there is in the tank, the easier it is to bleed it through! A 100 litres fill won't last too long, unfortunately.
On some systems when the oil tank is lower than the boiler we can use a syringe to suck the oil through when gravity doesn't give us a hand.
Hope they get it sorted quick!

Me too I'm fed up freezing to death haha thanks once again I haven't the first idea about these things as I'm sure u know by now :)

Curiously enough, by pressing the red lock out button, the burner may eventually pull enough oil through to keep itself running......but it doesn't do the pump a lot of good so you're probably doing the right thing.
Be lucky

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back