Oil ran out, bled it now there's no oil flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We ran out of oil, I put 50 litres in then bled it but the oil wasn't coming through so I checked the filter and there's is no oil coming through now, will it need a few 100 metres before it flows through or or could there be a block in the pipe from the oil tank?

Sponsored Links
Ive found you need quite a bit oil in the tank to create enough pressure, probably drpends on oil tank height compared to burner inlet.

Sponsored Links
I think that is what it is, 500 litres coming tomorrow so fingers crossed

So we've filled the tank and still no oils coming through is it common for it to get blocked in the pipe from the tank?

How do you know there's no oil flow? have you disconnected the pipe or a bleed at the boiler end, or is it just that the boiler won't fire up?

Back blow the oil line with both ends off so it blows right through then clean the filter then connect
up and oil should flow.Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back