Riello Burner Nozzle Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately during the recent cold snap, I ran out of oil.
Refilled the tank and bled the oil through the hexagonal bleed screw and all ran well.

A few days later and now the Riello Burner will not ignite and goes into lockout.
I have tried re-bleeding and there is plenty of oil.
I can only imagine that I have sucked up some dirt and need to change the burner nozzle.
I have never done this before as it is my first year in the property.

Is this something I could do myself? Where do I start?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
May have sucked water through and nagged the oil pump but if a nozzle change is needed then undo the two pox drive screws on the blast tube after removing the burner from boiler and switched off the power pull off the tube you'll see the nozzle 16 mm spanner for nozzle and 17 mm to hold the nozzle holder read the info on the nozzle or take to the merchants,good luck.Bob

May have sucked water through and nagged the oil pump but if a nozzle change is needed then undo the two pox drive screws on the blast tube after removing the burner from boiler and switched off the power pull off the tube you'll see the nozzle 16 mm spanner for nozzle and 17 mm to hold the nozzle holder read the info on the nozzle or take to the merchants,good luck.Bob
Bob, when you say I may have sucked water through do you mean the liquid from the bleed screw may be a mixture of water and Kerosene?
It certainly smells like Kerosene. The kerosene that comes out of the bleed screw is warm as the boiler tries to ignite.
Do you recommend I keep bleeding for a bit.

I have no idea where the blast tube screws are located but I am sure I can find them with the help of google.

Sponsored Links
Hope you have the tools to set it up if not the money you could waste on fuel bills would be better spent on getting somebody in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back