Oil burner nozzle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have a Delavan .65 60w burner nozzle that needs replacing.

Can i use a Danfoss nozzle instead as they seem easier to get?

Also i know the 60w is the cone size in degrees and type, can i use different types? What does the cone signify? As the 60w doesnt seen as common as some others.

Its an old riello burner btw.

Will using a smaller nozzle use less oil? The boiler copes more than enough to heat the rads and is always cylcling on and off.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

Also i know the 60w is the cone size in degrees and type, can i use different types? What does the cone signify? As the 60w doesnt seen as common as some others.

Yes you can replace it with a danfoss. The cone size is selected by the shape of the combustion chamber, basically the longer the combustion chamber the narrower the cone, so in your case a direct replacement would be a .65X60 ES or EH, being that the ES has a solid cone whereas the EH has a hollow cone but the Delavan W is niether solid or hollow.
If you change the nozzle size you will need to re-adjust the oil pressure and the air intake to suite and by using a smaller nozzle you use less oil but Btu output of the boiler will be less if you use a smaller nozzle.

spraggo

Yes you can replace it with a danfoss. The cone size is selected by the shape of the combustion chamber, basically the longer the combustion chamber the narrower the cone, so in your case a direct replacement would be a .65X60 ES or EH, being that the ES has a solid cone whereas the EH has a hollow cone but the Delavan W is niether solid or hollow.
If you change the nozzle size you will need to re-adjust the oil pressure and the air intake to suite and by using a smaller nozzle you use less oil but Btu output of the boiler will be less if you use a smaller nozzle.

spraggo

cool thanks,

i did have a hunt around on the internet and found some useful information saying basically what you said.

i think ill just order the same, be easier.

thanks again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back