Trianco Eurostar oil boiler problems

Ok, fitted a new nozzle today Delavan .60 60w, got FGA results @ 35 co , 9.1 co2 @ 100psi.

Didn't have time to fiddle, not sure if a low co2 is good or bad?

And advice greatfully received.

co2 is too low.

Yeah, I get that.

If I shut down the air the co2 went up but so did the co, the pump pressure didn't seem to make a difference.

What problems will the low co2 cause?

Sponsored Links
Potential for a "Cold Start" Lockout! i'd go for a 0.60/ 60' ES
get the Co2 to 11.5% The CO should be less than 100ppm at this point

The Trianco has a history of this kind of fault TBH! ;)

Well.. I've just worked out its a eurostar 40-50... So it should have a 0.5 80s danfoss nozzle @ 110psi 12.6 co2.

I'm confused... Any thoughts..

Well.. I've just worked out its a eurostar 40-50... So it should have a 0.5 80s danfoss nozzle @ 110psi 12.6 co2.

I'm confused... Any thoughts..

Not had many problems with trianco excellent bits of kit. Follow the instructions for the boiler
right nozzle oil pressure and it works. Only thing I've had problems with
is non balanced flues and that is always because of the flue!
Wouldn't have anything to do with them. I only install a balanced flue or external oil boilers.

Sponsored Links
With a euro star first run it with no snorkel tube on for a bit block up the tube and if after a while it's ok then the flue should be looked at it's a fault with these boilers do not cut baffles on any boiler this is bad practise if you need advice phone their tech dept and talk to russ he's a good lad

[
Not had many problems with trianco excellent bits of kit.

These last Trianco's have to be the worst oil boilers ever made. With such close distances between the baffles and restricted air passages they are a disaster waiting to happen. Increase each air passage by about 1/2" with an angle grinder and you stand half a chance of keeping it running.
They have come out of the factory with a myriad of burner specifications. Whilst Trianco were still working, they did not know what you had until you told them. I have had to adapt burners on several occasions ( to their instructions) removing diffusers and the like. The restriction to the burner by the tight baffling causes impingement with an 80 degree nozzle, hence the high CO.

Ok bit of an update.

Still running fine, but only doing hot water as its summer.

Been doing my homework and this boiler is defiantly an Eurostar 40/50 (due to the baffle configuration). So it should have a danfoss .50 80s nozzle.

Why it's ever had a Delavan .65 60w fitted I have no idea, no wonder it's always been trouble and the baffles are shot... It's been over fired...!

It's a 14kw boiler running at 20kw without the right baffles...

I now have the right nozzle ready to fit.

Do you only service this one boiler?

The reason I ask is that when I retired both my flue gas analysers died before I could next service my own boiler!

May be worthwhile checking your FGA against a known recently calibrated one.

Do you only service this one boiler?

The reason I ask is that when I retired both my flue gas analysers died before I could next service my own boiler!

May be worthwhile checking your FGA against a known recently calibrated one.

Service a few, was within caliabration then but does need doing now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back