delavan w nozzle vs danfoss eh es nozzles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just recently found out w delavan nozzles can be used in place of both danfoss eh and es nozzles.

What I have also been told which I find even more amazing is that Delavan w nozzles produce better combustion than the danfoss nozzles; mainly less CO. I am going to find this out for myself on the net few boilers I service, because I find this very interesting.

What is your experience with Delavan nozzles? Do they produce better combustion, and less CO, or is it just a myth?

Sponsored Links
Used them for many years on the Boulter range of boilers.
As I was using Wet (Fyrerite) kit, Only smoke CO2 and FGT was measured.

The 'w' is a good catch-all for most applications. I can't say I've found they produce less CO than others, as if I've fitted one and got acceptable results, then it has stayed in. There are so many factors to affect combustion readings and I've always found that nozzle selection seems to be of less consideration in small burners on domestic/light commercial boilers.

The 'w' is a good catch-all for most applications. I can't say I've found they produce less CO than others, as if I've fitted one and got acceptable results, then it has stayed in. There are so many factors to affect combustion readings and I've always found that nozzle selection seems to be of less consideration in small burners on domestic/light commercial boilers.
Thanks for your input.

I have just bought a bunch of Delavan nozzles, so might as well try out this theory. I am going to first use the danfoss nozzle, and test combustion, then try Delavan, and see if there is any difference when I try it on a few boilers. I was going to do it today, but I was servicing a bunch of Worcester Camray's, and they are a pain in the ass as it is.

I will let you both know how it goes.

Sponsored Links
Can't help but feel it is a waste of time. If the throughput and angle are correct to spec, and you get acceptable results, carry on to the next job. I used to service an estate of Heatslaves, and each was fitted with a Delavan W if I considered the nozzle needed changing. Never had a sooter, and results were in range, but hey ho, it's your time.

If there's a plate with the size and type of nozzle to use I follow the recommendations that way you'll be in the parish with the Fga results.Bob

I replaced plenty of W's with EH when I ran out.
Combustion never changed much.

Camray 3 specified .4 @ 80 EH for low setting.

Great boilers cam 3s still got loads up here.I was talking to a danfoss man and he told me that the
w nozzles are 70%h and 30% s and that's how they get to be semi solid.mind yo he was from danfoss.Bob

Basically, EH nozzles tend to provide a slightly shorter flame than an ES, and also give a concentrated outer ring to aid ignition. The W will give the outer ring to aid ignition, and a fuller flame in the combustion chamber. With todays baffles, pretty any flame will be retarded for maximum efficiency.
The only appliances I've ever worked on that were really fussy about spray patterns were Combat heaters, with the autopress burners.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back