Oil Combi Boiler Replacement

moliver34 said:
I am on the Grant's approved service list; so I must of achieved some some thing :)

Yes, you went on one of their product training days, like wot I did ;)

Sponsored Links
Simon & oilman; Am I missing something here :oops: The normal product training from a manufacturer does not make you officially approved does it? I thought this would entail more in depth training like their own engineers do.

I would never deem to call myself approved even though I always attend manufacturers training schemes. I am an Ideal 'prefered' installer, but they have not realised I don't fit their boilers anymore :LOL:

gas4you said:
Simon & oilman; Am I missing something here :oops: The normal product training from a manufacturer does not make you officially approved does it? I thought this would entail more in depth training like their own engineers do.

There's not much to know about an oil boiler, they are a water jacket and a blowlamp. The blowlamps use standard parts, and other than that there's a couple of thermostats. They can probably estimate whether you will be an embarrassment if they send you somewhere. If so you won't be approved.

I would never deem to call myself approved ........

Nor would I, that's for them to do, I'm just on the list.

Sponsored Links
oilman wrote

There's not much to know about an oil boiler, they are a water jacket and a blowlamp

Are you familiar with these oilman ?.
http://www.evinox.co.uk/docs/fcx-2pp.pdf
It says the "FCX is a dual circuit boiler which can provide up to three heating circuits at different temperatures"

What does this mean ?.
Would you describe this particular boiler as a " water jacket and a blowlamp" ?
Or just aesthetically pleasing to the eye ?

The boiler part is still only a water jacket and a blowlamp. In this case the blowlamp is a Sterling burner, possibly a ST108. As for the aesthetically pleasing appearance, do people care? It's a boiler and should be relegated to a utility or plant room, not the main feature in a living room.

oilman wrote

As for the aesthetically pleasing appearance, do people care?

They sure do. :D
Ain't you ever fitted one of these before ?.
Stanleycooker.gif

Almost 4 k of pure elegance and weighing in at almost half a ton. People in my area love these.
It's a back breaking job shifting them though. I've seen up to six people pushing and shoving and it just sitting there as if bolted to the floor. :(

That's hardly a Geminox FCX boiler is it? It's called a cooker. :rolleyes: This hijack also has nothing to do with the OP, so if you want to talk about this, start another thread.

Yes, seen these. We are an installer and service agent for Heritage and Vintage cookers.

The delivery guys normally turn up on their own and move them on steel rollers and wedges/levers. We normally have them in position in just a few minutes. Flights of stairs are a problem, just like they used to be to the Daleks. :LOL:

I Have never seen a geminox but the pictures look very similar to the first of the worcester oil steamers, could it be badge engineering ?.
I do allot of cooker work and if you know what you are doing and have the kit, moving them on your own is not a problem.
The grant marketing plan, err sorry approved engineer scheme has done wonders for their sales along with ditching the monoflame burner . ;)

Just a few steel rollers and a lever and it's usually in. Rather than posting Dinky toy pictures, why not ring up the manufacturers yourself.

We work with this type of stuff and it's irritating to argue with someone who clearly has no experience in the field of heatstore cookers, just a lot of opinion. If I want an opinion, I'll get the Daily Mail. :LOL:

Simond wrote

Just a few steel rollers and a lever and it's usually in

In a couple of minutes ?. Your full of sh@it as usual.

We work with this type of stuff and it's irritating to argue with someone who clearly has no experience in the field of heatstore cookers,

So you can hu@mp a heavy cooker around. Says a lot about your skills. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back