oil filled radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new conservatory and have been told that oil filled radiator is the best and most economical way to heat it. Can anyone tell me which is a good one? It's a 12' x 12' room.

THANKS

Sponsored Links
Oil filled radiators are usually fairly low powered & only any use in taking the chill off a room. Heating a conservatory will never be economical with all the glass involved. The only decent way to do it is extend your central heating into the conservatory, if it is feasible(in my opinion, for what it is worth).

extending central heating isn't really an option. Are oil filled heaters the next best option? Can recommend any?

Sponsored Links
As I said, oil filled radiators are only really suitable for background heating, if you do not have any other option to using electric heating & require a good heat source then I would not recommend any type of oil filled radiator. It depends on the size & shape of your conservatory but I would have thought if you want to heat it to a comfortable level to use it through the winter months you would need at least 2 x 2KW panel heaters (for the average sized conservatory). Do a google search for panel heaters or electric heaters, the options are endless, but you have to decide what your requirements are & calculate the energy needed to heat to a temperature, for your particular conservatory.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back