Oil Fired Boiler Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester/Bosch Heatslave 15/19 oil fired combi boiler and I wish to replace all the TRVs on my heating system. Is it possible to drain down the heating system but keep the hot water system running. I'm not sure whether I can complete the work in one day and I don't really want to be without hot water. Would be grateful for any advice.

Sponsored Links
simple answer is no. you could make a temporary loop. acting as a heating system circuit. but to much hassel, and time spent can be used changing the trvs.

20 TRVs a day is quite possible, not worth the aggro in making the changes.

You should be able to isolate the main heating flow and return valves at the boiler. Make sure the boiler is set to hot water only, and you can do the work without shutting the boiler down completely.

Sponsored Links
You should be able to isolate the main heating flow and return valves at the boiler. Make sure the boiler is set to hot water only, and you can do the work without shutting the boiler down completely.

if you can find them on a 15/19 heatslave then good luck. or lucky someone decided to put some in, on the install which i doubt.

if you can find them on a 15/19 heatslave then good luck. or lucky someone decided to put some in, on the install which i doubt.

Even if valves are fitted ,They will probably pi $$ water out when used.
(Especially if they are Worcester ones)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back