Oil-fired CH boiler "scale"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have just pulled my oil-fired CH boiler out AGAIN (battling with a leak - the last time that I had this, I successfully electric-welded the water jacket, but hasn't worked this time - discovered that welding can cause new cracks around the weld area, so am trying J-B Weld which has an amazing spec - will post the results !!) Anyway, back to the current issue. The boiler has only been in use (since the last removal, when I descaled the combustion area) less than 2 weeks. Nevertheless, there is an obvious scaling (yellowy "balloons") present ( - see photos below). Anybody got any idea whether this is a "problem" ? Does it indicate an incorrect burner setting (i.e. induduced air volume) or is it "normal" for oil-fired boilers ?? (haven't managed to insert photos - help !! Alt+p only seems to insert

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back