Oil Fired System Storage Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First post so please be gentle.

Extension frame is up and block-work complete next week (I hope). Planning for kitting out and looking into new CH system. A system storage option would seem ideal (3 bed/3 bath) but I require it to be oil fired (or could do LPG but not sure if it is cost effective). other than the Ideal range are there any others on market, I have searched and cannot find anything but hoping some of the trade based members may be aware of something coming up.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
What do you mean by a system storage option, do you mean a combi with a slave tank?, what ever you do,
do not install anything by ideal.

Yes, given there is very good mains pressure I thought this would be the best option to deliver good pressure to all (running) taps. Having said that it may be that a good combi would suffice as despite the number of beds/baths there is only two of us who will have visitors some weekends etc. I'm keen to make the loft dry.

I definitely will not be buying an ideal boiler, this forum has put me off them for ever.

If you go down the oil route, then Grant or Firebird, if you go for LPG then Worcester, Baxi, Theres loads of choices.

Personally I,d go for Oil, LPG is very expensive

Sponsored Links
Thanks Slapper

I was familiar with Grant but not Firebird, thanks for suggestion as I think a Firebird Enviromax Combi (35kw) is the very one for me. Should cope with 10 radiators (set at low/medium) and hot water requirements. Time for some googling to get best price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back