Oil heating radiator valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I change from an always on valve to a thermostatic one? Is it the same process as changing a gas heated rad valve?

Also, I've been told that the last rad in the loop can't have a thermostatic valve, is this true?

Sponsored Links
TRV's on a heating system are all the same regardless of fuel the boiler uses.

If it's a standard twin pipe heating system you can put trv's on whatever rads you like.

Current regs state that you do not put one on the rad in the room that houses the room stat.

Sponsored Links
Is it possible to change the trv without draining the whole system? I was wondering if I just closed every rad in the loop at both ends it would suffice?

You could bung the open vent and turn off the cold feed gate valve. Not much water will spill but there will still be some.

Its that black Cack in the water that gets everywhere ......... I dunno what it is........ But it don't do ya skin any good........ Tastes like Shwazola too :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back