Oil Heatslave 18/25

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a new (Dec) Oil boiler that wont fire up, the reset button B keeps triping.

There is oil, water and power, and it is not locking out, but if I turn the mains off for 10 mins and press the reset button B, it starts up for about 3 or 4 mins and the goes off again?

Any Ideas

Sponsored Links
Blocked oil filter or similar preventing full oil flow.

Not sure what you mean by reset button B, but if the burner is not locking out i presume you mean the overheat stat is tripping. Usually caused by the water pump failing but may be a blockage in the pipework of some kind. Might help if you posted what boiler it is and what system it's working on.

Sponsored Links
Presuming as its not locking out , its got to be the overheat.......... Check the pump is working, the zone valves are opening and the water pressure ( if its a sealed system) in boiler is okay just like Asterix guy says

hows the flue looking. as with the new heatslaves they incoperate a flue overheat stat.

Don't mess around with it, it's under warranty, ring installer, or if it's Monday by the time you do anything, ring Worcester-Bosch.

The boiler has been off at the mains all nite and weve just got in and turned it on and its stayed on so far!!!

As some have suggested, I think it may be an oil pressure issue as the oil is low, but not empty, so I tilted the tank before we went out. ( the old boiler would suck out the oil to the last drop)

Thanks for the replies.

It's not a good idea to run your tank too low. All the c**p and water at the bottom [if there is any] will be sucked into your filters and block them.

Also leave it an hour or so after the tank has been filled so that any 'debris' in your tank can settle before blocking filters.

Hello, just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. Worcester greenstar heatslave 2 18/25. Heating works fine. The store warms the water as it should but when drawing hot water off the boiler doesn’t kick back in and fire up and then obviously goes cold? Any ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back