Oil leak on a Hyundai getz 2006

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a oil leak that's recently got worse, I've noticed a possible missing bolt? And also more of a drip around the oil pan? Could it need a new seal?

Bit of history:
It's had this leak for awhile, very slow but never noticed any oil on the floor even when been parked there for weeks.

Recently had a oil change around 2 months ago, since then it's gone through around 4L of oil which is more than normal, and last few days slowly lost more.

Any help is appreciated videos are attached in the link below as are too big.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure that oil leak isn't coming from the oil filter? BTW, the video will not load - it appears to be corrupted. The JPG you supplied is what I have based this reply on.

Recently had a oil change around 2 months ago, since then it's gone through around 4L of oil which is more than normal, and last few days slowly lost more.
Has to be that then. Any oil around the sump plug?

Are you sure that oil leak isn't coming from the oil filter? BTW, the video will not load - it appears to be corrupted. The JPG you supplied is what I have based this reply on.
From the video, it seems to be the majority of oil seems to be around where the sump meets the car

Sponsored Links
Fingers crossed for a sump plug seal!
However, corroded steel sumps are very common, largely due to engines being rather oil tight these days. Yours doesn't seem rusty but you never know!
Sump to block sealing is usually by silicone - no gaskets needed.
If you get no where, clean the area thoroughly, and hope there isn't a leak between the rear crankshaft seal and the gearbox bell housing.
John :)

Back