Oil leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is by way of a thank you to several very helpful people last year and to give you some updated information.

I had a leak from a central heating oil tank in the garden. The smell invaded the house (see topic 47960).

This year the Insurance company finally responded to a claim from me to come and check out the damage as the Utility Room floor was definately colder; making me think the insulation had been damaged.

After trial digs and sampling, the Insurer's expert has said we definately have a major problem and is planning to:

1. Dig up part of the concrete garage floor and remove contamination, replace dpc and re-concrete

2. Lift Utility Room floor, remove contamination, replace insulation etc and reinstate

We face circa 2 months upheavel assuming all goes to plan

Lesson learnd? Never ignore the smell of fuel-oil. It is eveil stuff. Oh and make sure your Insurance is paid up to date! Mine was thakfully.

Sponsored Links
I wonder if the insurer's "expert" is similar to woodworm "experts" and damproofing "experts" and asbestos "experts" .................

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back