oil pump pressure settings ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Techies,

Having just put a new Danfoss BFP41 oil pump in my Worcester Heatslave after a solenoid problem, the boiler is running rich and blowing soot out of the flue. The boiler was serviced a couple of months ago and set up by the engineer.

I take it the oil pump has a factory set position, so could someone please tell me how much of a turn on the pressure setting screw would put it to a more realistic setting ?? 1/4 ? 1/2 ? 3/4 ?

The thought of paying £100 for another service when all I need is to is to adjust the pressure setting breaks my heart :(

Thanks in advance :D

Sponsored Links
You need a pressure gauge etc to set it up properly.

Get someone in that doesn't charge so much.

It might be worth just buying a cheap pressure tester as I don't believe the other settings would have changed ??

Just a general "how much of a turn on the screw" would help a lot for now.

Cheers :)

Tell you what Heatslave.....dont come on here taking the pizz.

Your first post was on 5th Jan bleating sob story, you havent had your boiler serviced whatsoever,yer grabbing at straws with the help of some of these good people.

Now eff off back under your stone.
Catch his post folks dated 5th Jan. Heatslave.......Fella

Sponsored Links
It might be worth just buying a cheap pressure tester as I don't believe the other settings would have changed ??

Just a general "how much of a turn on the screw" would help a lot for now.

Cheers :)

OP- There doesn't seem to be anything on this or your other post to convince you that the pump pressure has to be checked & adjusted using a gauge/manifold set.

Listen up Fireman,pump pressure,air intake,co2 readings and a smoke pump are required to set the boiler up. Keep running it blind?, and your biggest bill in 2010 will be a new boiler.

Get a qualified engineer in , you tight git

Slapper,

I understand your gripe, you're probably a techie, I (and others) want to do things on the cheap thus doing you out of work ??

No probs, I respect your feelings and opinion.

However, I'm quite proud that when I was starting out, and couldn't afford anything when I bought this clapped out old house, I managed to put in all the radiators and associated pipework, put the boiler in, flue, oil tank, oil lines, Tiger-Loop, etc, etc.

I just enjoyed doing all of that for myself and my new family :D So you could say tight for not getting in a tradesman, or you could say I respect that guy for getting off his arse and doing all that himself !!

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree, no probs.

heatslave its impossible to guess the adjustment of an oil pressure screw and i will argue that with anybody i have seen stainless steel flues warp and turn blue due to people adjusting this screw SLIGHTLY ask yourself this "i have achieved this lovely house of mine which is perfect for me should i really risk a new boiler and possibly setting the house on fire and risking innocents peoples lives for the sake of a engineer call out"

if you wanna bodge it and not listen to the advice given here by pros.... just turn it untill the soot goes...?!

Seeing as you are on a tiger loop, did you set the bypass screw?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back