Oil tank fuel gauge.

Sponsored Links
Eh??!! That's why you'd fit a compression tee, you can then put any length of 10mm pipe into that. Standard sight gauge, connect 10mm pipe into one end & cap the other. It's a simple job for a good Plumber.
If you put a tee into the pipework AFTER the filter it would be about a foot away from the tank. You would then have to 90 degree it back to the tank and then another 90 degree up for the sight glass.

I'm not seeing a problem, most good guys would never use fittings on oil lines if they can avoid them. No Elbows, just formed bends in the 10mm copper tube.

Kero/oil will leak from compression fittings easily, always use a recommended joint compound. Type B compression fittings are best, if you must use fittings.

So what some of you are saying is to tee into the pipe boiler-side of the filter, then 90 deg. bend on new pipe pipe to come back over the top of the filter, then another 90 degs. when it gets back to the tank to get it vertical so that the sight glass can be adequately supported at the top ?

Sponsored Links
So what some of you are saying is to tee into the pipe boiler-side of the filter, then 90 deg. bend on new pipe pipe to come back over the top of the filter, then another 90 degs. when it gets back to the tank to get it vertical so that the sight glass can be adequately supported at the top ?

No, tee off the existing oil line, extend from the branch of the tee & connect into one end of the sight gauge & plug the other end. Fix your sight gauge where you can on the tank(above the oil level line of course) & Bob is a close relative!!....... ;)

No, tee off the existing oil line, extend from the branch of the tee & connect into one end of the sight gauge & plug the other end. Fix your sight gauge where you can on the tank(above the oil level line of course) & Bob is a close relative!!....... ;)
I think that concurs with what I was trying to say. I can tee off on the boiler side of the filter (where the small section of copper pipe is showing in my piccy) because the supply can be turned off using the tap as shown enabling the tee to be fitted. Would it be a good idea to put the TankMaster in the additional bit of pipe or just put a tap in so that I can open it just to read the oil level in the intended sight glass ?

I think that concurs with what I was trying to say. I can tee off on the boiler side of the filter (where the small section of copper pipe is showing in my piccy) because the supply can be turned off using the tap as shown enabling the tee to be fitted. Would it be a good idea to put the TankMaster in the additional bit of pipe or just put a tap in so that I can open it just to read the oil level in the intended sight glass ?

Sounds like we're reading from the same hymn sheet....... ;)

Put another valve in if you want, but I think the less joints on an oil line the better.

Yes, it sounds like it.
:D

Put another valve in if you want, but I think the less joints on an oil line the better.
But if I don't it will mean that the line with the sight glass in it is always "live" and surely that is the reasoning behind such things as the TankMaster insomuch as they are only live when you press the button (or pull it, can't remember what we had to do on a previous tank)

Yes, it sounds like it.
:D

But if I don't it will mean that the line with the sight glass in it is always "live" and surely that is the reasoning behind such things as the TankMaster insomuch as they are only live when you press the button (or pull it, can't remember what we had to do on a previous tank)

Whatever you're happy with.... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back