Oil tank installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install a 1200 lt single skin oil tank is this still legal or will I need to install a bunded type

Sponsored Links
In England it is ok provided it meets separation distances from controlled water sources like drains. 10 meters if I remember correctly.
Your oftec engineer will be able to advise on siting.
Since building regulations required it to be signed off by one.

I thought it was now mandatory to install bunded tanks regardless of volume/capacity ??

You need to complete an OFTEC TI133-D risk assessment on the tank
as lon as there is no "controlled water" or loose fitting manhole covers within defined limits a single skin tank can be fitted, HOWEVER the advice I give clients is to fit a Bunded tank, to be sure that you are "future proof"
i.e. a few years ago, the powers that be decreed that all NON DOMESTIC oil storage tanks had vto be bunded, and the regulations were made "retrospective" meaning that all existing and previously legal tanks had to be brought up to the new standard (ouch!!)

Sponsored Links
Having re-read the OP's post I would further adivse that the OP should hold Qualification OFT 600A and therefore not need to be asking the question in the first place!!! :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back