OK to decorate with dehumidifier running ? and other woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone advise because I think my decorator is just doing a quick and slapdash job.
Sorry for long post

I am having to have the whole house decorated through insurance because of burst pipe. I was responsible for getting the decorator quote etc so essentially his contract is with me. Part of the work was to strip all wall paper to allow drying out etc.
House is pretty much dry apart from hall wall but dehumidifier is still running.
Decorator wants to get on as quickly as possible so has replaced some l&p and rewallpapered these and all other ceilings. He has done most of woodwork repainting- all with dehumidifier still running.
One question is is whether this will be causing substandard job because it's drying too quickly.

I feel I'm being taken for a ride because it is an insurance job and he just wants to do quickly and cheaply as possible and the way he wants not what i want Any advice? Is this 'normal' decorator behaviour?

Sponsored Links
Untill whoever installed the de-humidifiers/fans etc has signed the property off as dry,as agreed with your insurance company, then your decorator is wasting your time.

Just had front bay replastered after blowoff. Tried painting too soon,flaked off and had to run de-humidifier for three days in room before painting, He's wasting his time and money(i presume you have to sign off his work)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back