old adhesive showing through new emulsion -Gardz?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
Have made a diy error of painting 2 coats of matt emulsion onto ceiling and yellow patches now showing through. I did sugar soap aftet stripping paper and removed residue but there were yellower parts that wouldn't come off- didn't scrape off either
I painted 1 coat of dulux matt then noticed the patches, I then bought some dulux supetmatt trade and put a thick coat of thst on to no availl
Could I use zinnser gardz over my fresh emulsion to seal this then repaint to save having to strip off the paint and sand down?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Any oil based undercoat applied to the stain will block it..When dry just emulsion again (zinssers pricey if youre not using it a lot) ;)

many thanks,
it may be worth me investing in some gardz as I have th rest of the house to decorate too with years old woodchip in every room and ceiling. it may come in useful.for something!

thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back