old bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello DIYnot-ters

I have a mahoosive pile of old bricks I need to get rid of - can they be reused? Would there be e any point putting them on something like Freecycle?

Cheers

Jelly

Sponsored Links
I'm involved in running my local Freegle group [1] and bricks keep on being offered (& taken) and asked for. There have been a few Wanted or Taken messages on my group this year.

I'd suggest that you make it clear roughly what sort of number you are talking about (100, 500, 1,000, more). Include photos, the pile and a close-up of a couple of decent bricks, so people can see the amount and the colour.

Also, if appropriate, say whether you want someone to take them all or what the minimum number is - if you have 1,000 and someone wants a dozen to make shelves that may well not be worth your while.

1. Freecycle started in the US and in 2009 a lot of the UK groups left, in part because the US founders objected to people wanting to do things that make sense here but don't in the US. Those groups set up Freegle. My group moved from Freecycle to Freegle a few years ago.

I’ve shifted some stuff on free cycle, but failing that ring around local reclamation yards as they may want them

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back