Old combi boiler - never fitted. Should I buy it?

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi all,

Am considering the pros and cons of buying a combi boiler I've seen advertised.

It's a Ravenheat RSF84E. What I do know is that these are no longer for sale and have been superseded by other models.

The ad simply states "bought a good few years ago, never fitted" - and sure enough by the looks of the photos I'd say it's certainly not been in service for any length of time, if at all. Has original box.

In general I'm just wondering - for those who know - are there any possible defects that could develop in a boiler that's just been sitting around for many years? Best case scenario, it's been kept in its box, maybe in a garage or shed.. but still, it will have been through the usual seasonal temperature fluctuations and the all-pervasive Irish damp!

I think I've almost talked myself out of it already, but just be interested to hear some informed opinions.

Cheers :)

Sponsored Links
Junk it...it dates around 1999-2000, non condensing (been illegal since 2005 here) and spares suspect...Ravenheats future is also questionable according to rumours.

they are called ravenheap in the trade for a reason . leave well alone

There is o ring and seals in there that won't be much cop.

It's a rather large paper weight

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back