Old fireplace, making a feature: Venting needs for chimney?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the back room of my terrace house we had an old back boiler with fire in front. This has been removed and the (presumably) stainless steel flue has been cut in this recess. I plan to use this opening as a feature by plaster boarding the opening (obviously covering over where the flue comes down) and doing the obligatory "put a big candle in it" for now...

I'm trying to ascertain what venting the chimney or the stainless steel flue would then need to prevent issues in the future. Can anyone help advise me on this?

Behind this location is a passageway which I could potentially vent into if it's needed.

Thanks,
David

Sponsored Links
Can anyone advise on this? Here are some pics to help visualise what I'm trying to explain. Behind this is a passageway.

Do I just need to remove a regular brick from the back (in the alleyway) that provdes air to the main chimney breast?
Do I need to vent that old flue too?

Pics
4262843143_52ed40b6b4_b.jpg

4262842021_a0b991bd07_b.jpg

4263591918_ede64f2958_b.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back