old glowworm boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,i have an old glow worm boiler in my kitchen it has 28mm flow and return pipes with 8mm microbore pipes,and 28mm or 32mm dhw and cold
there he cis also a cwsc and a immersion storage cylinder in the bathroom and f&e in the attic,the immersion is isolated because it doesnt work,im still able to get hot water,my question is could i remove the cwsc and immersion cylinder from the system?

Sponsored Links
hot water works,dont ask me how,but if the immersion was functional hot water would come from the hot water distribution pipe,at the min its coming from the boiler,so is there any need for a immersion and cwsc?

errr..the hot waters coming from the tank I think you'll find. Your boiler heats this up. The immersion heater is just a back up for when the boiler breaks down.

Sponsored Links
Heaven Help us all I think this deserves to be nominated for stupidest post of the year 2009!!! :oops:

ok, i have a indirect cylinder the immersion is isolated because it doesnt work just above it is the cwsc and in the attic f&e tank,there are two pipes entering the bathroom from the downstairs boiler above the floor, the flow and return are under floor!, at present the cwsc is over flowing everytime the hot tap is on with hot water going up the cold feed into the cwsc.? still stupid? so my question is if the immersion /indirect cylinder if the cold is from the main and hot water from the boiler do i need a cwsc and cylinder

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back