Old Ideal Vulcan RS55 on full pelt all the time

Well, I am a bit cross now. Sorry if this is inappropriate.

I know we're not supposed to discuss prices and criticize etc here but having misdiagnosed the fault (perhaps understandable) he's charged me as though for two visits (I naively thought maybe the half hour left from the first visit might be carried on to the next) as he had to go away and pick up the part - on the way to another job - and charged a full hour for the parts pick up.

And after telling me the part was £80 (which it seems it should have been - it's £60 online but it'll be more expensive from a trade centre), he then says it is £145.

So I've ended up paying him for 3.75 hours (while he's doing another job somewhere else), he's spent just over two hours here and he's added significantly to cost of the spare parts.

I did try and argue the point but he said it was company policy and he was actually trying to save me money.

Another one to chalk up to experience.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back