old loft insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone
I need some help, I am having my loft Insulated and I have been asked to clear it out and remove old Insulation. this is a fluffy ball type very old and is a nightmare to do as it is all singular parts not like a roll of Insulation but millions of fluffy glass type, there is dust and fibrous material everywhere. I wear a mask but is it safe there isnt any hazardous stuff in it is there
cheers :(

Sponsored Links
Firstly why remove the insulation? It's insulation, more the merrier.

If it HAS to be removed, - fibre glass is horrible stuff, not quite as bad as Asbestos, but it will make you itch like crazy etc. I would get hold of some paper disposable overalls and wear them along with goggles gloves and a GOOD quality mask - not one of those 50p paper things.

Thanks for the help Paul
The warm front people were putting in new insulation but the loft had to be completly clear.
took your advice bought the best mask with removable filters. really needed it and the cheap decorators overalls with hood 99p were a god send Job done cheers :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Decent masks are well worth the money IMHO - beats coughing crap back up for the next fortnight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back