Loft insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I recently bought lots of rolls of the glass fibre/ glass wool type of loft insulation. I spent two days fitting some of it. I had long sleeve shirt, goggles and a light dust mask. Whether coincidence or not, I got the mother of all coughs after a couple of days and haven't been back to complete the job since.

Can anyone recommend a good dust mask for this type of work ?

Regards

Minder

Sponsored Links
Hey.

I had the same thing after insulating my MiL's loft. Wore one of those cheap, paper masks that you get 1000,00000 for £1 or so.

Spent the next couple of days with an unbelievably itch nose and a painful chesty cough :(

Binned the cheap masks and went for a box of 20 by 3M. Did similar work the next weekend - no probs!

I also use a respirator mask for really nasty, dusty jobs. Does tend to fill up with condensation tho!

In my experience, 3M's masks are really reliable and decent value for money.

:D

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I was actually using the 3m mask for the job. I ordered a half face respirator and some paper suits - will see if that is any better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back