old Potterton ptt2 to new danfoss ATC wiring mapping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm replacing a duff Potterton ptt2 with a Danfoss cylinder thermostat and need a bit of help on the wiring mapping.

Danfoss
1 (COM)
2 (NC)
3 (NO)
4 Earth

Potterton
1 H (COM)
2 C (NO)
3 L (NC)
4 (TL)
5 (N)
Earths terminated (well, cut back)

So....
Potterton > Danfoss
1 >1
2 >3
3 >2
Terminate 4 & 5
Hook up the Earths

Can someone advise if this is correct or not please?

Sponsored Links
Sounds right to me and you won't blow anything up if you get it wrong.
Jeff

Cheers Jeff, much appreciated

Err... dead boiler! I'm not even getting a power light on it. It's a Danesmoor 12/14 and it must be something I've done. Too much coincidence to be otherwise. The wall spur fuse is OK, the programmer is running and the flow diverter valve in the airing cupboard is lit. Anyone know if there is another fuse inside the boiler someplace? TIA

Sponsored Links
Do you have a multimeter? How did you prove that the Potterton was duff in the first place as it now seems you may have had a different problem in the beginning?

No multimeter and my GF presented me with a danfoss and an instruction to change the cylinder thermostat. Anyway, I've put everything back to the way it was (inc the potterton) and everything fired up.

Regarding the potterton...there seems to be a connection problem in it. When you slightly squeeze the bottom of the casing the "reached" light glows and it stops heating the tank, however letting go starts the tank heating process back up and it doesn't stop. I've now turned the range down to 40 and locked the range and that seems to be working although the "below" tell tale stays lit. I've also tried 2 different thermostat heads.

At 40c the water coming out the taps is tepid.

The no boiler power issue appears to be switching as the boiler wouldn't power up unless the potterton faceplate was attached.

Unless anyone has got an idea, I think I'll get her to get a proper man in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back