Old skirting radiator valve - Calling 70's plumbers!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Just removed an old wardrobe in my 70's bungalow which had the bits attached shown in the picture. It looks to me like an ancient thermostatic valve. Can anyone tell me if I'm right and what to replace it with as I don't want it/can't fix it on the wall.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
CALLING OUT FOR NIGE!

The OP needs a 70 year old plumber. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Is it bad of me to laugh at my own jokes. :D :D

Andy

Far Canal - It`s skirting Heating :eek: Yes I did one house with that in 1972 as an apprentice - The house is a big `un on a private estate in Waldron ( sussex) ;) . never done it since - get it capped off

Sponsored Links
Drain system and remove rad and extend pipework and fit a panel radiator is probably the way to go.Done quite a few in my time.

yes it is a remote trv,it could be replaced with a danfoss valve inline or 90.inline would be easiest,remove the screwtype head on the valve and bin the trv bit and let the heat run.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back