Old toilet soil waste pipe advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya,
I m replacing an old toilet with soil waste outlet. I already removed the pan and most of the outlet pipe in reference to advices from this link
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/re-fit-toilet-in-concrete-floor.230521/
However the final section of the outlet pipe seems tricky to me, i am attaching the picture of it. Can some one advice that the top circular cylinder is part of the downward pipe or is it just cemented to the concrete floor
74835519-553C-45D3-AA4E-F1FDA987C80E.jpeg
452BE195-154B-44B9-9AC1-8B025BA9A4B4.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You just need to chip away at it gently. The out ring you want to keep in tact. A dremel with cutting wheels would be ideal or something similar

Sponsored Links
You just need to chip away at it gently. The out ring you want to keep in tact. A dremel with cutting wheels would be ideal or something similar
Thanks for your advice, I managed to chip it away with great care but unfortunately it still developed a crack on the outer ring, is there a waterproof way of sealing/joining it firmly
C3C43596-A337-43D5-A060-B42D8625483B.jpeg

It is part of the drain and it’s called a collar.
You need to get flush to the bottom of the collar without damaging the vertical pipe.
A pan connector will then be inserted into the vertical drain.

Thanks for your advice, I managed to chip it away with great care but unfortunately it still developed a crack on the outer ring, is there a waterproof way of sealing/joining it firmly
View attachment 242929

You've done well. You could use CT1 to seal the cracks. Use like glue...

Well done you did well.

You've done well. You could use CT1 to seal the cracks. Use like glue...

Well done you did well.
Thanks mate, your help and fast response is really appreciated and thanks for the link as well

Come on @jeff the gasman, let’s take our toys and play elsewhere :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm sure Fulcon appreciates your input. It's just that we bonded on this occasion. Another time you will be the blue eyed boy. And another time Jeff will be. But for now I'm the BoIIocks :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back