Old Toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After buying a new bathroom suite from MFI i have found out to my dismay that we have an old waste pipe that protrudes from the floor that goes onto our existing toilet. It comes out like an S shape straight into the floor which protrudes from the main wall by about 10 Inches. The plumber has said that in order to fit the new suite along with the unit that houses the new toilet, the floor will need to be ripped up and that cast iron pipe cut back and resited. Is there any easier way of doing this myself ? I can easily remove the floor and cut the pipe back but what about the new fittings coming off the old pipe, ie what would i need to make the link between the new toilet and the old waste pipe ??

Neil

Sponsored Links
Can get wc as far back as possible using a quesion mark pan conector if that's not enough consider boxing out that area of back wall with a tiled shelf, can run your feed pipe up it too, sometimes carrying the boxing up to basin hight with shelf ontop for whole wall enables concealed pipework hanging basin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back