old vaillant water heater

C

carlsquires

i have an old geyser mag premium 19 it that refuses to fire up, i was a gas registered installer in the uk but have no experience in boiler repairs, i have no manual for the boiler nor can i find one. water pressure and flow rate seem to be ok, but without MI's don't know what the min requirement is, there is gas (LPG) at the inlet reading 37 mbar, and thats as far as it gets. also noticed that one of the spark electrodes moves freely in its ceramic case, will this affect it in any way.

Sponsored Links
Probably be the diaphragm gone in the water section

thanks for response! did take the "water section" apart as i though the diaphram may have gone but it seemed intact, the boiler was working a couple of weeks ago, but it started to play up, eg, would only work on max heat input and burner would go out if the heat was turned down, then it wouldn't work at all.

i know that giving advice on boilers is not allowed, but i have enclosed a copy of my Gas Safe card which expired last month, and the boiler in question is in my own property. i would join the combustion chamber forum but as i no longer live in uk i will not be renewing my registration for the forseeable future. hopefully some of you will be kind enough to give me some advice.

i am unsure as to what the problem may be either the regulator is not working or the "black box" has an issue, i have measured the flow rate at a whopping 5-6 ltrs/min, so figuring this may be the problem, i isolated the water and removed the bottom cover of the water valve and physically pushed the diaphram upwards to see if any thing would happen, the microswitch clicked but the piezo ignition didn't do any thing nor was there gas present.The batteries are new and i have checked with a multimeter at most of the connection points and they are all showing a current of 1.5v.
Any input would be most welcome.
carl
//media.diynot.com/165000_164232_33654_53761758_thumb.jpg
//media.diynot.com/165000_164232_33657_33169113_thumb.jpg
//media.diynot.com/165000_164232_33655_10192942_thumb.jpg
//media.diynot.com/165000_164232_33658_88546467_thumb.jpg
//media.diynot.com/165000_164232_33659_88966574_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
apply to join the cc, the fact you have had a gas safe card will get you in (I think) you wont get gas advice on the open forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back