Old vinyl tiles holes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am getting cushion floor fitted in the kitchen. I had lino over the top of of these old vinyl tiles previously but always noticed that there was a gap under my feet in certain areas and this is the reason why (see image). Any ideas of how I can rectify this? Would self levelling compound be overkill for such a small area? The rest of the floor is perfectly fine and level. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 88349CBA-3463-4308-BAC9-A36FAAC022E1.jpeg
    88349CBA-3463-4308-BAC9-A36FAAC022E1.jpeg
    332.6 KB · Views: 58
Sponsored Links
If you say the vinyl is being fitted rather than DIY speak to the company that way whatever they suggest will not affect any warranty claim later.
I had a similar problem with Thermoplastic (asbestos containing) tiles I just bought a pack of self adhesive vinyl tiles and cut them to fit in.

Hi I am getting cushion floor fitted in the kitchen. I had lino over the top of of these old vinyl tiles previously but always noticed that there was a gap under my feet in certain areas and this is the reason why (see image). Any ideas of how I can rectify this? Would self levelling compound be overkill for such a small area? The rest of the floor is perfectly fine and level. Thanks in advance.

Get the company/fitter installing the vinyl to have a quick look, ideally the floor needs moisture testing, and then, if the floor is dry, lift the tiles or if they won't come up easily and are good and level, lay a self levelling screed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back